Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why I'm training for a marathon

Yup, I'm training for a marathon, that's 26.2 miles of running. And running. I'm doing it in memory of my dad, Howard Clark Jr. (that's us a year before he died in his beautiful FIAT) who died at the age of 49 of leukemia. I'm doing the San Diego Rock n' Roll marathon on June 6th as a member of the Leukemia Society's Team in Training.

This is my fourth race through Team in Training- I have done the Bermuda 1/2 marathon in 1998, the NYC marathon in 1999, and the Westchester Triathlon in 2002. I did NOT break any land records, even came in dead last in the triathlon, but I enjoyed myself tremendously each time. I'm not an athlete by any means, but if training for a marathon and losing my toenails and consuming buckets of goo enables me to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, then I'm on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment