Saturday, April 10, 2010

Five Miles in La Mesa

I haven't posted in a while, due to a new job (finally!), traveling to NY for my beautiful nephew and godson's christening, and general procrastination. I am gradually healing from my plethora of running injuries, so going out cautiously and with some trepidation. I made the decision to switch to the half marathon because I've lost so much time training- an extremely difficult decision, but a realistic one.

Today we ran in La Mesa, which is east of where I live and usually sweltering hot- it wasn't today, thank goodness. We met at Moving Shoes then ran around Lake Murray and back, doing 4 minute run, 1 minute walk. Since I wasn't quite up to doing 8.4 miles with the A group (my slow lighting running partners) I pulled off the loop and went back at El Paso. I think it was 5 miles but it was probably a bit less...so funny to say, "I ONLY went five miles today."

I really am enjoying training with the Team. It took a little bit to know people, but now that we're 2 months in, we're all more comfortable with each other and it's fun to hang out together after the run for stretching and chit chatting.

This past Wednesday I was able to go to the Balboa run and did 3 miles around the museums. The weather was perfect (70?), the flowers were fragrant, and I was running around amazing artwork. That's what I love about running- it makes me happy to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment