Monday, March 8, 2010

Injured AGAIN!

YES, as a matter of fact, those ARE ace bandages on both of my feet! I'm starting to get really, really weary with the amount of times I have been injured since starting the training. My body is saying, really Kelly, do you REALLY need to be doing this race? Can't we just stay inside and have some tea? Today the problem is that my left achilles is acting up again, worse then ever (which surprises me since I wore the heel lifts all through the race) and my right ankle is now swollen and painful from twisting my ankle yesterday on a pothole. So it will be RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) for the rest of the day today, ie sporting the frozen veggies.

So far since training I have had the following issues:
Weird hip/pelvic tightness (the left front)- very odd
Left achilles problems- which sometimes goes to the right
Twisted ankle
Swollen ankles, which I think were caused by
Shin Splints
Calf cramps
Broken or sprained toe (which had nothing to do with training, just my basic klutziness)
Now I'm also having an odd thing that radiates up the inside of my leg, which I think is caused by overpronating- I wonder if taking out the inserts for pronation and putting in the heel lifts helped one thing but made issues for the other, do you know what I mean?

I think I am the role model that was used when they say that older women runners have issues with their lower extremities. Okay, enough bitching, I had to get that out!

On another note, had a very odd nightmare that woke me up this morning and thought I'd share it. No doubt it has to do with the fact that Amber Dubois's bones were found Saturday morning, and the speculation is that she was murdered by the same monster that murdered Chelsea King since it happened nearby.

I dreamt that I had come home and saw that the back door was open. Instead of LEAVING or getting into a small room and locking it behind me, I decided to call the police and unfortunately was attacked before I could dial out. I guess what my dream was trying to tell me was that if you feel like something is amiss in your home, get out immediately and call 911!

No comments:

Post a Comment