Friday, May 14, 2010

Injury Prevention, anyone?

I twisted my ankle AGAIN and therefore has been icing, wrapping and elevating it. No fun. It's amazing how something that happens within a split second can hurt for hours and days afterwards! : (

Have been taking it easy this week otherwise, I think I was out of my mind thinking I could go from 6 miles to 9 miles without some sort of repercussion. Mine were in the form of my left achilles heel acting up again, as well as my shin splints in my left leg. Oh, and the twisted and slightly swollen ankle is also on my left side- I am assuming it was weak already which made it so easy to get re-injured. So I didn't run at all this week, just walked and did some biking at the gym. Bummed out, wanted to do the Harbor run tonight with the group as the season's winding down, but I knew that I would just be asking for trouble if I did.

Tomorrow is the longest run before the half marathon, 12 miles. We'll see how my ankle looks before attempting it. Boo, hiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment