Thursday, May 6, 2010

Running With the Dog


I was supposed to run five miles tonight, which I knew I wouldn't be able to because it was a long day at work- and honestly who can do five miles by themselves, with no ipod? My beloved Pandora is no longer working on my iphone, which is a tragic, tragic thing. I was heading off to the gym when Bailey, my sister's big, 90 pound lab, was bouncing off the ceiling and I realized he needed a run.

Granted, I had never run with Bailey. And he had never run with a person while attached to a harness. So it was a "learning experience". At first it was good- albeit hard to keep up with a dog that's naturally faster then I am, times ten. It was fun to run with him, not to mention I felt safe since he's almost as big as I am. I did 4 minute runs with 1 minute stops, which he really appreciated. Then he would stop abruptly while running to sniff other dog's pee, which is no good for my injury prone self. Then he took a large dump, (did I say what a large dog he was?) and I did the rest of the run while having dog poop wafting in my nose.

I think it was about 2 miles, walking for half of it when I saw Bailey foaming at the mouth. Nothing to write home about, but at least I was out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment