Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Twelve Days Till The Marathon!

And....I'm training by spinning! My left ankle is still a bit swollen and the top is also sore, some sort of overuse injury by doing the 12 mile run I'm sure- or 9 miles in beaten up trail shoes, take your pick. I was thinking of running on the treadmill but I don't want to take any chances since the race is so close. I'm soooo bummed that I can't run and I'm losing my training/ endurance/ chance for getting faster but such is life. Better to cross train and get my cardio in by doing the eliptical or spinning class.

I do have to say that I enjoy spinning. The instructor is this cute little thing that sweats her butt off and sporatically yells, "C'mon. You can do this!" "You got this- just one more minute." "Come on come on..." I think during the race I'll think of her voice saying, "you got this- you can do this!" There's something really nice about the group of us all biking at the same cadence, to the same music, collective consciousness. I also think the reason why spinning is easy(ish) to me versus running is because I am not pounding 150+ pounds on the road with a stationary bike...

No comments:

Post a Comment