Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Balboa Park Run


It was supposed to rain later and figured since I wouldn't join my teammates for a group run tonight in Balboa Park (rain= no fun), I decided to do it on my own during the day instead. I'm not the greatest at running any sort of distance by myself, but I also figured it would be best to do it alone in case my toe acted up (I don't know if I strained it, broke it, or it's just badly bruised- just call me Calamity Kelly).

Since San Diego is SO runner friendly, there was (of course) a large poster on 6th and Yuma (sp?) detailing five different runs that you could do through Balboa park with various degrees of difficulties and mileage. I decided on trail run #2 which was a medium degree of difficulty and 4.1 miles, but also the most scenic since I would be running through where the museums are. It was a beautiful run- spring like weather (about 65 degrees and windy) and I did feel very good for the first two miles. I was REALLY hungry so I figured I would stop for a bit and have a tamale from the outdoor stand- big mistake! Well, tamales are out for race day food, ha ha ha, I think I still have heartburn from 6 hours ago! Also stopped by the Artist Village there where I found out about getting involved...hmmm....

Ran on and off on the way back from the artists village, and actually did some speed work! It felt good to stretch my legs, I don't know where that came from!

Distance: 3.5 miles (ish)- would have been 4.1 but I kept losing the trail markers/couldn't find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment