Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mid week run...

Did my mid week run on the treadmill as a reprieve from the pavement for my poor shins, knees and calves, 2.67 miles total with a 5 minute run, one minute walk, 5 minute run, and so on. My body is finally getting used to the different kind of training, and I am VERY happy to report that three weeks ago my heartrate was spiking up to 195 (!) on a two mile run, and now it's only 165 for the same run! WOW! THAT, my friends, is nothing less then a miracle!

I'm trying to learn something new from each run, whether it's about running, myself, or a new route. Waiting to fall in love with running again. Today I focused on my breathing and form- I was told by Ozzie, the chi running coach, to think of the Karate Kid and be centered when running, instead of bouncing from side to side (to prevent hip problems), and also to run with my feet parallel instead of my normal V. Not easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment