Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday Morning Run- Moonlight Beach

Okay, I admit it, I am lucky! Ran this morning with Team in Training teammates at Moonlight Beach again, with Dharma and her two friends that are also training for the marathon. All really nice people. Ran two miles on Neptune, which is parallel to the beach and oohed and ahhhed over the homes. Walked back 2 miles with them because one of them were hurting and even though I could have kept running, quite frankly I really enjoy the companionship. It's hard not really knowing people since moving here four months ago, so I cherish every minute I can chat with new friends. I also found out that one of them was the guitarist for Bryan Adams! What's funnier is that the week before when I found out he was a musician, I told him about my musician friends and that if he wanted to make a living in NYC as a musician, that bassists get a lot of work. Too funny.

One great thing about training for a marathon is that it gives you the opportunity, for a while, to see what it's really like to be an ATHLETE. I was thinking about it this morning as I was using my foam roller to roll out my aching shins- that right now, Olympians in Vancouver were doing the exact same thing. We're both drinking yellow sports drinks and injesting rubbery goo and stretching our bodies to the limit. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment