Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Injured

Now I've done it! Too much time running and not enough time weaning myself into it makes Kelly an injured girl! I guess it's not marathon training unless there's a certain amount of injury involved, although I am NOT a happy camper!

The last time I ran was Saturday (and it's now Wednesday) with the group, where I did 5.2 miles but 3ish of it was running and the rest was walking, and I ran up a steep incline for the last part of it. Later on that night I was walking downstairs and thought, hmmm, that feels funny, it felt like a rubber band was rolling on top of my achilles tendon. At first it was kind of cool feeling in a weird way, like when you've got a loose tooth and you've got to keep playing with it...then I was pretty freaked out because it kept happening every time I went up and down the stairs. I checked my symptoms on the internet (not something you should do if you want to keep calm) and the consensus seems to be that it may be Achilles Tendonitis, caused by overuse. It now doesn't feel like a rubber band, now it's just sort of clicking- still scary. My ankle is also a bit swollen.

So I haven't run or walked much, trying to keep it elevated, and will be seeing a doctor stat as soon as I get my medical insurance cleared away. I hate not being able to run or train but at the same time I don't want to do any long term damage to my achilles. THIS SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment