Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hallelujah!

I was soooo worried about the group run today since I hadn't run in a week because of my achilles and ankle problem. I figured I would go about two miles and just walk when my ankle acted up, and wore heel lifts as per the chiropractor to help with my achilles. I did swim yesterday to have some sort of aerobic activity, specifically 45 minutes of very bad breast stroke (swimming is not my strong point) after my husband gave me grief for not working out for a week!

We met at 7 am at Harbor Island (we have to meet early because it starts getting warm early)- WOW what a beautiful place to run! It's just past the airport where all these sailboats are docked, and a nice flat run around the bay. Have I said enough times how much I love training in San Diego? I decided to run with the 1/2 marathoners since they were doing 4.1 miles (not that I thought I would be able to do that), doing a 4 minute run/ 1 minute walk. Happily I pretty quickly hooked up with three other woman going my pace (slow) and we pretty much chatted the whole way. I'm DELIGHTED to say I finished the 4.1 miles and felt GREAT! I've been waiting for when running got a bit easier- and I'm happy to say it did today. I'm back, and it's ON!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly - I was delighted we finished too! It's always great to find others running the same pace (slow). Even through I'm only running the half, I look forward to going at least part of the way with you on future runs!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete