Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Yoga


Today is a cross training day, so I decided to take a visit to my gym and take the Vinyasa Yoga class. I used to LOVE yoga, and took a power yoga class 4x a week when I was living in New Paltz. I still love yoga, although it's no longer an obsession of mine and I'm sorry to say I was tripping over myself when doing some of the positions today. But it felt great, I learned a few new positions- moon salutation was awesome, and the double pigeon is terrific, but most importantly I had a bit of a revelation.

What is wonderful about running, and marathon training, is that you become more in tune with your body. I've missed that. While in yoga today, I looked down at my feet and- I don't mean to sound corny- felt really blessed to have two strong feet to carry me. And so I thought, instead of perseverating about what my body is not, why not honor what I DO have, and recognize how lucky I am?

Body, today I recognize you and thank you
You have carried me through each day
You allow me to feel strong
I recognize that this life is temporal, and that I only have you for a short while
So I thank you, and bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment