Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Balboa Park

Had a wonderful Wednesday night run with Team in Training at Balboa park tonight, 40 minutes fairly easy, 2.17 miles. We did run for 5 minutes then walk for 1 minute (or thereabouts) and it was much easier then the other night...maybe because it was running longer before a walking break, maybe because it was talking with two girls and we were all going the same pace, maybe because my body is acclimating to running- probably all of the above. It was very beautiful, about 55 degrees, and a huge treat to run past the museums!

Afterwards several of us went down the street to a pizza place on 5th and Laurel for dinner and company. It was great to get to know some teammates, all who were captains or assistant coaches or mentors. They were all very gung- ho about the Team in Training program, and had each done four or more events with Team in Training. What a pleasure it was to meet new people! I'm happy to say that I felt terrific after the run, even after foolishly having dinner before the run (assistant coach Dave said, uh, try not to do that again : )

Tomorrow will be 45 minutes, unfortunately solo...let's see how I do...will be wearing my headphones that's for sure...I'm trying to take full advantage of running with the group because I know I go much longer with other people and I love the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment